Mission Statement

The purpose of this blog is to offer up prayers to the Lord most High. His name will be lifted up and every knee will bow and confess that he Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God. The prayers offered do not necessarily reflect any life struggle related to the blogger himself. Rather they are merely prayers from the heart that you may use in your quiet time when you just don't know what to pray. It is at our lowest point that we can lose the desire or ability to simply breath a prayer. These are the moments when we sometimes choose to give up and think God is not listening. My hope is that in those moments or any moment that these prayers will give a voice to your pain. A lyric to your lifesong. A light in the darkness. A simple reminder that God Cares.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Prayer for our fallen soldier.

Man down cried a desperate voice, then through the silence he was heard to say...." Heavenly father this is my lifelong friend. He has been with me through thick and thin. I wont leave him now will you please help us please God just let me get him out of hear. Let me get him to the medic. Then through the smoke he could see a tank headed there way. At first he wasn't sure if they were about to be rescued or ran over. Finally after a few tense moments the tank came to rest between them and the live fire. A voice from inside the tank called out. "Just keep him behind the me and I'll drive slow until we make it to safety. Once out of danger the man who had prayed the prayer searched all over for the driver of the tank who had saved his life. No one was to be found. Years from then he had returned from his tour of duty and his wife was due to deliver his firstborn son. He was to be named after his fallen comrade. In the waiting room full of fears and feelings of inadequacies again he prayed. God how am I going to do this how can I possibly be a good enough father. From the corner of the room he heard a voice say "Just keep him behind the me and I'll drive slow until we make it to safety". Not knowing what to say he stared at the man sitting in the chair. The more he looked the more he began to recognize the man. It was the chaplain from his old unit. He couldn't help asking. How did you know what was said that day. I was in the tank that day. I was not supposed to be driving a tank so as soon as you were out of harms way I ran for cover. Listen I heard you praying over there and I wanted you to know as long as you are praying you'll always have God's ear. He longs to hear from you and he knows the pain you still carry from the death of your best friend. He also knows that you feel somehow responsible. I want you to know I was there and I saw what really happened. Jim had orders to advance only at direct command. He could see just over the hill and knew the enemy was closer than we realized. As he lifted up to toss a grenade he was spotted and was shot be an enemy sniper. Tom if he hadn't lifted up to toss the grenade that sniper would have hit you. You're not to blame Tom. Jim should have never thrown the grenade. He had orders to advance only on command. Today Tom God wants you to be free from this guilt and live a life that honors the memory of your friend. You should raise little Tom to always respect a Soldier. You have to let go of this grudge you carry against the armed forces. Always getting upset each time the news says anything about the war on terror. There was nothing anyone could have done different. Nothing anyone can do now to bring Jim back. Just know that God has received Jim into his kingdom and is waiting for you now. He wants you to come to him without this unforgiveness in your heart. I am going to leave you now Tom, but I want you to ask God to help you overcome this and do it today. You will feel so good and the Lord will be so pleased that you have decided to let it all go and trust Him. Tom Prayed and as the chaplain left he noticed Tom was shaking hands with a man in uniform. He could tell he was thanking him for serving this great nation. Right then the chaplain thanked God for using him in this way and went on his way. If this story has been an inspiration to you thank a soldier or a veteran for their service. Memorial Day will be hear before you know it dont wait till then. Do it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment